The vast majority of people use coins as money. But not Stacey Webber - an artist from the U.S. state of Indiana. In the forge of the coins she creates sculptures and objects of everyday life. I offer you pictures of work and a brief interview with the artist
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. I would say that I'm a good girl ... although some say otherwise. In my character there is something of a pit bull - I'm stubborn, strong, focused and something of a Boston terrier - agility, vigor, playfulness.
You work with a very unusual material - with coins. What inspired you to it?I am interested in creating art objects that would have shown a daily battle, "blue collar" in 2005. With some skills in the field of jewelry, it seemed perfectly natural to begin to work with coins - they are small, metal, and in the literal sense of value. After conducting research and creating an infinite number of experimental samples, I started to work with older copper penny (until 1982) and silver 25 - 10 - and 5-cent coins.
How difficult is it to work with coins? How much time is spent on job creation?Each site is unique in time and labor costs and work with him is like to work with others. Each sculpture - the only project of its kind, but of course, the bigger it is, the more time is required for its design and creation. In general, quite difficult to work with coins, because the alloy from which they are cast may vary from coin to coin, depending on the date and place of its manufacture. Alloys require a study of the possibility of their connection - welding, soldering, riveting, etc. I chose American coins, not only because they are associated with the concept of my work, but also because of technical studies.
Where do you get new ideas for creativity?I watch bad movies and TV shows, attend as many shows as I can, I make experimental designs or miniature sculptures, get in touch with family and friends.
What advice would you give to young artists?I think that I myself am still in the process of development and, hopefully, I'll always feel the energy and anxiety inherent in young artists.

Rate translation
 
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Roulette.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Hacksaw.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Hacksaw.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Ladder.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Ladder.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Shovels.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Shovels.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Hammer.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Hammer.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Screwdriver.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Saw.
 Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Saw.

Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Saw

Stacey Webber. Products made of coins. Saw

Blog Archive

Categories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...